Urban trees are an essential element of the green infrastructure of our cities. However, it can often be difficult to articulate and quantify the environmental benefits that urban trees provide. This webinar will provide an overview of the benefits that trees provide in urban environments and discuss two cases from London, UK, and California, which quantify these benefits.
Participants will gain an understanding of the key drivers associated with the need for green infrastructure and the current trends in urban tree populations. The webinar will provide an overview of the economic and environmental benefits including energy savings, carbon storage, improved air quality, stormwater management, and impacts on property values.
The benefits will be highlighted through the examination of two case studies. The first case study will look at the value of London's urban forests; the second will examine the value of street trees in California. Participants will also be introduced to free peer reviewed modeling tools available to evaluate the benefits of trees at any site.
1. Gain an understanding of the key drivers associated with the need for green infrastructure and urban tree populations.
2. Be able to identify and describe the benefits of the urban forests.
3. Understand and describe the value proposition for investment into urban trees.
4. Gain an understanding of tools available to model the benefits of urban trees.
5. Understand and describe the two case studies on the value of urban trees.
General Course Information
US State Approvals
|States: AK, AL, AR, CT, DE, IA, IL, IN, KS, KY, LA, MD, MO, MS, NE, NH, NM, NY, OH, OK, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, WI, WV, WY||Yes|
|GA, MN, and SD |
**Explanation: There is no process to get courses pre-approved in your state, but there should be no issues getting this course approved.
If not approved, we will exchange it for another course or provide a full refund.
Canada Provinces and Territories
|British Columbia||Yes, per reciprocity with LA CES|
|Ontario||Yes, per reciprocity with LA CES|