This webinar will provide and introduction to concept of thermal comfort and its application in modern sustainable design. Participants will gain an understanding of the factors influencing thermal comfort, the various thermal comfort models, and role of different sustainable design solutions in influencing thermal comfort.
1. Understand the the benefits and drivers for thermal comfort in sustainable designs.
2. Be able to identify and describe the factors influencing thermal comfort.
3. Understand the different influences on thermal comfort between indoor and outdoor environments.
4. Understand and describe the main thermal comfort models.
5. Understand how to apply the factors associated with thermal comfort in designing buildings and outdoor urban environments.
General Course Information
|Presenter||James McGregor, Electrical Engineer|
US State Approvals
|States: AK, AL, AR, CT, DE, IA, IL, IN, KS, KY, LA, MD, MO, MS, NE, NH, NM, NY, OH, OK, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, WI, WV, WY||Yes|
|GA, MN, and SD |
**Explanation: There is no process to get courses pre-approved in your state, but there should be no issues getting this course approved.
If not approved, we will exchange it for another course or provide a full refund.
Canada Provinces and Territories
|British Columbia||Yes, per reciprocity with LA CES|
|Ontario||Yes, per reciprocity with LA CES|
Considered one of Australia's leading thinkers in Green Building technologies and sustainable development, James McGregor has over 18 years of experience in the design, construction, and portfolio management of sustainable developments. He brings together a unique combination of experience in the property sector spanning the full property life cycle including research and development, engineering design, construction, facilities management, and portfolio management of sustainable power generation, commercial, residential, and institutional construction projects.
James has a Masters Degree in Business and Technology, a Bachelor Degree in Electrical Engineering, and is a Graduate of the Australian Institute of Company Directors.