This course, Stream Smart Series, is a collection of video presentations that provides:
- An overview of the stream assessment field work needed when designing a Stream Smart culvert and covers how to conduct a longitudinal profile, cross section analysis and pebble count and key pieces assessment.
- An overview of the construction process for a concrete embedded box culvert.
- An overview of the construction process for a bottomless concrete arch.
- An overview of the construction process for a geosynthetic reinforced soil integrated bridge system (GRS-IBS).
- An overview of the construction process for a concrete block abutment timber deck bridge.
- An overview of the construction process for a bottomless metal arch.
1. Understand the basics of designing and construction various bridge types.
2. Learn the best techniques that make construction processes easier and faster.
3. Know the different proper materials and equipment required for construction/installation and understand their functions.
General Course Information
|Presenter||Barbara Charry, Meramec River Project Coordinator at The Nature Conservancy|
|LA CES Approved||Yes|
|States: AK, AL, AR, CT, DE, IA, IL, IN, KS, KY, LA, MD, MO, MS, NE, NH, NM, OH, OK, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, WI, WV, WY||Yes|
|New York |
***Each licensee is responsible for determining if this course meets the state requirements
|GA, MN, and SD|
**There is no process to get courses pre-approved in your state, but there should be no issues getting this course approved.
If not approved, we will exchange it for another course or provide a full refund.
Canada Provinces and Territories
|British Columbia||Yes, per reciprocity with LA CES|
|Ontario||Yes, per reciprocity with LA CES|