This course discusses the 2010 ADA Standards specifically related to assembly areas. An existing event space, which meets the 2010 ADA standards, in Colorado is utilized as a case study to illustrate parts of the ADA Standards including: accessible parking, path of travel, ramps, wheelchair spaces, and assistive listening systems. The course discussion takes a methodical look at the standards as the user would experience the site, from parking, travel to their seat, assistive elements for experiencing the event, and design elements to ensure quality user experience.
1. Learn to distinguish the difference between Title II and Title III projects including the required standards for each.
2. Comprehend the definition of terms used in the Standards including disability, alteration, and path of travel.
3. Understand the Standards related to new event spaces construction.
4. Comprehend the maximum slopes for ramps and walking surfaces.
5. Understand specific dimensional standards such as: turning radius, parking dimensions, and clear ground.
General Course Information
|Presenter||Carrie Moore, RLA, Ma.N.R.M. & E.E., LEED AP|
|LA CES Approved||Yes|
|States: AK, AL, AR, CT, DE, IA, IL, IN, KS, KY, LA, MD, MO, MS, NE, NH, NM, OH, OK, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, WI, WV, WY||Yes|
|New York |
***Each licensee is responsible for determining if this course meets the state requirements
|GA, MN, and SD|
**There is no process to get courses pre-approved in your state, but there should be no issues getting this course approved.
If not approved, we will exchange it for another course or provide a full refund.
Canada Provinces and Territories
|British Columbia||Yes, per reciprocity with LA CES|
|Ontario||Yes, per reciprocity with LA CES|